Miro Technology utilizes electromechanical forces to actuate droplets on the surfaces of insulated electrodes, without requiring immersion in oil or direct contact with system electronics.
How it Works
- Compatibility with a wide range of reagents/solvents, e.g., ethanol and organic solvents
- No unintentional extraction/diffusion into carrier oil
- No electronics in consumable cartridge (enabling high-quality and highly-QC’ed electronics on the system)
- Small and localized volumes enable fast ramping and tight temperature control
- Freedom from oil enables automated interface with standard microfluidic channels to perform actions such as chaotic/pipette-like mixing without generating an emulsion
- Ability to improve the kinetics of reactions by performing gentle mixing during incubations and other actions.